Aug 1, 2008
Jul 25, 2008
How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?
If an atheist has to go to court, do they make him swear on the Bible?
Why don't the hairs on your arms get split ends?
Can you get cornered in a round room?
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet soup?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Isn't Disney World just a people trap operated by a mouse?
Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken over there ... I'm gonna eat the first thing that comes out if its butt"?
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?
If you pay for a vacation and your plane crashes on the way there, do you get you money back? (Granted you lived)
Why does the last piece of ice always stick to the bottom of the cup?
Are marbles made of marble?
Can you breathe out of your nose and mouth at the same time?
"Cute as a button" Is that supposed to be a compliment? Since when are buttons cute?
Can it be cloudy and foggy at the same time?
If the FBI breaks down your door do they have to replace it later?
Aren't the 'good things that come to those who wait' just the leftovers from the people that got there first?
Can you make a candle out of your earwax?
Are children who act in rated 'R' movies allowed to see them?
If the sky is the limit, then what is space, over the limit?
Why do the numbers on phones go down while the numbers on calculators go up?
Do coffins have lifetime guarantees?
Why is there a top line on lined paper if we never use it?
Do stairs go up or down?
Why do bullies always ask "what’s your problem" when they're obviously not going to solve it?
Can you put a gay man in a straight jacket?
If you swallow a burp does it turn into a fart?
Why is it that when adults have multiple personalities they are put in an mental hospital, but when a child has imaginary friends it's cute?
How come French fries are not considered vegetables, since they are just deep fried potatoes?
If someone's peeing and halfway through they die, would they keep pissing or stop?
Do the actors in the re-enactments on Americas most wanted, ever get arrested (because they were seen on TV portraying the criminal)?
Can a person with no ears wear glasses?
If you rented a movie and were late returning it and then you died would someone you knew or a family member have to pay the late fee?
If you made biscuits with chocolate milk instead of regular milk, would they taste chocolaty?
What if you were to ask a genie to grant you more than three wishes for one of you wishes?
Why doesn't baking soda freeze?
Do bald people get dandruff?
"What was Captian Hook's name before he had a hook for a hand?"
When a store has double doors why do they only let you use one of them?
How do "do not walk on grass" signs get there?
Whats a question with no answer called?
Why do we say "heads up" when we actually duck?
How come lotion is colored, but when you put it on, it doesn't turn your skin that color?
Are tomatoes fruits or vegetables?
How come only your fingers and toes get wrinkly in the shower and nothing else does?
Why does the Easter bunny carry eggs? Rabbits don't lay eggs.
Why is there a little countdown (like 8, 7, 6, 5, 4) near the bottom of the copyright info page in the beginning of many books?
If a pack of gum says that each piece is 10 calories, is that amount just chewing the gum, or also for swallowing it?
Why do cats like to dig their paws into something before they lay down on it?
Is it possible to be allergic to water?
What is the point in saying "may I ask" and then follow it up with a question?
If a General is a higher ranking officer than a Major, then why is a major illness worse than a general illness?
Can a unborn baby fart or burp?
Why does jello have a smell when you add the powder in the water, but when it "gels" the scent virtually disappears?
Why is it called a soap opera when nobody sings?
If French kissing is a big thing in America, how do French people react to normal American kissing?
Do you wake up or open your eyes first?
Is the vice president's wife called the second lady?
Why do child labor laws not prohibit children from acting in movies?
Why do people say "The alarm just went off" when really it just came on?
Do they put underwear on corpses?
Do bubbles freeze in winter?
What sound does a bunny make?
If you had only one hand, would second hand smoking effect you?
Since there is a rule that states "i" before "e" except after "c", wouldn't "science" be spelled wrong?
Why do you DELETE something on the computer, but ERASE something on paper?
Why is Christmas colors red and green when Santa's suit is red and white?
Why do people say PIN number when that truly means Personal Identification Number Number?
Why do people call it an ATM machine, but they know it's really saying Automated Teller Machine Machine?
Why is it when we laugh in school the teachers say do you find something funny? When obviously we do?
If all of the Acme stuff doesn't work, why does Wile Coyote keep buying their products?
When a boy is named after his dad, he is called 'Junior,' but what do you call a girl that is named after her mother?
Do the air bubbles that are created when you fart in water, smell when they pop?
How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?
Why is Donkey Kong called "DONKEY" Kong if he's a monkey?
If money doesn't grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
If you went back in time and killed your mother would you disappear the moment you killed her?
Do the security guards at airports have to go through airport security when they get to work?
Why is "number" abbreviated as "no"? When there is no "o" in number?
Is sign language the same in languages other than English?
If you die and you have a broken leg do they take the cast off?
Since bread is square, then why is sandwich meat round?
How come only car keys are the only keys with teeth on both sides?
Why do we wash behind our ears? Who really looks there?
Why do they put the names of football teams on baseball caps?
Why is snow white and ice clear? Aren't they just different forms of water?
Why is Charlie short for Charles if they are both the same number of letters?
Did Noah have woodpeckers on the ark? If he did, where did he keep them?
Do movie producers still say lights, camera, and action when it is a dark scene?
How come popcorn isn't a vegetable?
Can bald men get lice??
Why is it that its good to score under par in golf but its bad to be “under par” in any thing else?
Why aren't safety pins as safe as they say they are?
Why are Pringles curved?
If you were a genie and a person asked you this wish, "I wish you would not grant me this wish" what would you do?
If the president were gay, would his husband be the first man?
Why can’t a baby cry while it’s inside its mother?
Why did Mary own a little lamb?
If mars had earthquakes would they be called marsquakes?
Why do all superheroes wear spandex?
Why are people allowed to put naked statues outside but why can't we run outside naked?
Which way does a compass point in space?
Why is the 0 on a phone after 1 and not before 1?
Why is a square meal served on round plates?
Why is it when some products you have to turn it upside down to read the directions, and the directions say do not turn upside down?
Why do you get in trouble for blocking an exit when you're standing in the doorway? In case of an emergency, wouldn't you run out, too, therefore NOT blocking the exit?
If something "goes without saying," why do people still say it?
Why do companies offer you "free gifts?" Since when has a gift NOT been free?
Why do dogs sniff other dog’s bottoms to say hello, why don’t they just bark in their face or something?
Why can't you get a tan on your palms?
Why is vanilla ice cream white when vanilla extract is brown?
Why is toilet bowl cleaning liquid only blue?
Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable, if chocolate comes from cocoa beans, and all beans are a vegetable?
Why is there that little space inside strawberries, as if it was meant for a pit, and then the seeds are on the outside?
If heat rises, then shouldn't hell be cold?
If a fork were made of gold would it still be considered silverware?
Why is chopsticks one of the easiest songs to play on the piano, but the hardest thing to eat with?
What happens if you put this side up face down while popping microwave popcorn?
Can mute people burp?
Why is it that when you get out of a swimming pool, your urine is hotter when you use the restroom?
Why is it that when things get wet they get darker, even though water is clear??
Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?
Have you ever noticed that if you rearranged the letters in mother in law, they come out to Woman Hitler?
Why are the commercials for cable companies on cable but not on regular television? Don't they want the people without cable to buy the cable?
Wouldn't it be smart to make the sticky stuff on envelopes taste like chocolate?
Why are people so scared of mice, yet we all love Mickey Mouse?
- I had the most embarrasing moments anyone could have had but one of still makes laugh like hell. it was during my stay at the hotel. one day i was going down in the elevator when another person whom i havent met until then started talking to me.He asked 'How are you?" and I answered "Fine" surprised at it. He then asked me "What else are you up to" and i replied "nothing". Finally he turned to me and said "Do You Mind I Am On The Phone"!!.It was then that i realized he was talking on his Mobile. - Anonymous
- I was standing up on the school bus because there were no seats, when the busdriver suddenly put the brakes on. I flew through the air down to the front of the bus and landed on my face. I stood up,slipped over on the wet surface and fell straight back down again. Then, I grabbed something to pull myself up with, and let go straight away because it was some girl's breast. I was so embarrassed that I got off the bus at the next stop and walked the rest of the way to school and got detention for being 50 minutes late! - Anonymous
- my most embarrising moment was when i was staying in a hotel with my parents and my brother. my mom gave me some money to go get lunch downstares.she gave me the cell phone and i headed for the elivater. i axidentily pressed the "stop" button on the elivater wall. not relizing what i did the elivater stopped and i got all freacked out. i started calling the police to come get me out. i was in there for about 45 min. i got so scared that i took my belt off and started to hit the door with it. of course my pants got real loose. when they finally opened the door i dived to the room in front of me and while i was diving my pants slid off and my bare butt was showing to about 5 cops and 35 other people around me!!!
- One time in 7th grade when we were coming in from gym class, where we had been playing tennis on the courts outside. My friend who was walking behind me a bit with some other classmates decided to lob the ball to me. Instead he kinda served the ball without me knowing, and low and behold the tennis ball became lodged between my butt cheeks. The most embarrassing part was removing the tennis ball.
- One time at school, the hottest guy (my crush) walked up to me and asked, "You want to go out?" I could not believe this!!! My friends were elbowing me, and I said, "Yes" THe guy started laughing, "April Fools" and walked away, his friends all laughing. A bunch of kids were laughing at me now as they left their locker. "I was trying to tell u to say no." My friend said. From now on on April Fools, I'm not gonna fall for anything! That was sooo embarrising!
- one time when I was about 11 i was standing on my friends wall and as i went to jump off, a wasp went up my shirt. So, to save myself from being stung I took my shirt off not knowing that I had no bra on. And to make it worse her brother was jusst walking up to the house with his friend!
- Once I was at the apartment of this guy I really like, and he was using the restroom when I really had to use the bathroom too. I couldn't wait for him to finish, and I didn't know what to do, so I just dropped my pants and crapped right there on the floor, and I swear I was going to pick it up with a paper towel and throw it away, but right then he came out of the bathroom. I threw a pillow over my crap and hoped he wouldn't notice. Unfortunately he knew something was up, so he picked up the pillow and there was my crap. He was like, "What the Hell is this", and I was so scared that I just made up this story. I said "Your dog just ran in here and pooped on the floor, but I didn't want the dog to be embarrassed so I covered it up." And he said "I don't have a dog, I think you're lying". And I'm thinking gee what tipped you off. So he knew it was me, and he picked up the poop and he threw it at me. So I said "I guess this means we aren't having dinner?" So I had to leave covered in my own poop. Oddly enough I did hear from him a few days later when he called to ask if I would pay the bill for the carpet cleaning he had to have. Then he asked out my twin sister, and told her the story. Now they are getting married, and I have to be in the wedding, and they sent me a diaper to wear under my dress. Oh my gosh, I wish I could die. - Anne
- I was at a party and got completly wasted and badly needed to use the bathroom and when I came out I didn't realise my thing was hangin out and all these girls were whistling at me and I just ignored them and then it got a whole lot worse because I wasn't concentrating on where I was goin I walked into a hen party and a guy came up to me and dragged me on stage thinking I was a stripper and he blackmailed me to dance so I did then after a short while I got booed of stage and ran out of the night club without my friends completly naked and I ran straight into the sexiest girl in school and landed on top of her and she shouted "HELP! GET THIS PERVERT OFF ME" and then the manager called the police and they arrived and cuffed in front of like 90 people while still in the nude! - Anonymous
- When I was in the hospital having my daughter I farted really loud in the doctors face while I was pushing. My fiance and a bunch of nurses where there also, it was sooo embarrassing. At least I didn't crap. Another time when my daughter was 2 mo. we where at wal-mart and she farted sooo darn loud people in the isles turned to look at me in disgust and I said it was her, The looks on their faces told me that they didn't believe me, after all an innocent baby couldn't make a noise like that. One more story. We where at the video store renting a movie she was about 7 mo. here, and I was wearing a low cut shirt with no bra. I finally got the movie I wanted and I walked up to the counter with baby in one arm the movie in the other all of a sudden she grabbed my shirt pulled it down and exposed my boob to the movie guy. He got a good show. poor embarrassed - Krystle
- I was at the local pool with my grade and we had been warned heavily about wearing string bikinis, but i had just bought a gorgeous, brand new string bikini(the teacher had told us the very last minute that we werent allowed to wear them.) so i was definetly going to wear them. but we were at a pool with a water slide and they came undone without me noticing. so when i landed in the water feet first, i went to get out of the pool and suddenly everyone was laughing at me and my crush had just found my swimmer bottoms on the bottom of the pool. he gave them to me without looking down and i was so confused because i thouhgt i still had my bottoms on. and thebn i realised and then i ran behind a plant and now everyone calls me 'mooney'
- We were having a BBQ and my aunt didn't know how to start the gas grill. She turned on the gas but never hit the fire button so it stayed inside the grill, when she finally found the button, I was standing next to the grill and...WHOOF I lost all of my hair on my right side. I still haven't lived it down. - Brent
- When I was about 7 me and my mom went to Wal-Mart to go Easter shopping. Well no one was in the isle so i ran up to a big plastic egg and picked it up and sat on it. After saying, kindof loudley, "look mom, I laid an egg!", this lady walks around the corner and starts laughing. Of course I just ran and hid. Ever since then, aroundeaster, my mom says she will give me a dollar if I will do that again...
- During my sophomore year in college was running late for an exam. So I was running thru the quad, on pebbled concrete, wearing leather soled shoes. I was carrying a term paper as ran past a large group of hot sorority girls. As I planted my foot and turned toward the liberal arts building I slid on the concrete, my legs went over my head, all of my papers flew in every direction. I landed on my back, which pushed out the loudest FART out of my ass. All of the girls were dying laughing as I had to pickup my term paper. - Patrick
Jul 22, 2008
The scam had the potential to net more than £1m profit
A fraudster has been jailed for five years after a photo of his baby surrounded by piles of money was used by police as evidence against him.
Adu Bunu, 34, was convicted at Hull Crown Court over a £40,000 scheme which saw more than 2,000 bank cards cloned.
The scam targeted cash machines outside supermarkets including ones in Beverley and Willerby in East Yorkshire.
Romanian national Bunu, of St Oswald Road, Wakefield, had the picture of his son with the cash on his mobile phone.
The court was told Bunu cloned the cards and then used them to withdraw money from other cash machines across the country.
Bunu, who police believed worked with an accomplice who is still being hunted, fitted false fronts to the machines, which were able to record both the magnetic strip identifying cards and Pin numbers typed in by their owners.
Police believe Bunu worked with an accomplice
Police said he netted £43,000 but had the potential to steal more than £1m.
He claimed the picture of his baby son surrounded by money was part of a Romanian tradition celebrating the christening of his child.
But the jury dismissed his claims and he was found guilty of conspiracy to clone bank cards.
Det Sgt Neil Clarkson from the Humberside Police Economic Crime Section said: "This was obviously a well-organised card cloning operation where more than 2,000 card details were recovered.
"Although not all card details had been used, if they had all been used, then according to banking guidelines, he had the potential to recover more than £1m."
Jul 21, 2008
Scriptwriter-turned-director Abbas Tyrewala whose debut film 'Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na' hit the bull's eye at the Box Office, says writers are still given raw deal and suffer from an identity crisis in the film industry.
"Not many know that the script of the film was rejected four times by some of the big corporate producers," says Tyrewala.
Script writers often remain unnoticed in Mumbai's film industry, but the rejection which Tyrewala received seems a little unfair considering his reputation for penning scripts for some of the most successful and acclaimed films like 'Maqbool' and 'Munnabhai MBBS'.
"The problem is that the people who are supposed to evaluate the scripts at the corporate houses know very little about cinema and unless that changes, we are going to have bad films," he adds.
Talking about the film, he says, "The script appealed to Aamir so much that he decided to produce it. A R Rahman too liked it and decided to give music at a very nominal renumeration." So, what kind of challenges did the newly turned director face in his almost nine year long career as a script writer? "The biggest challenge is when a very good script is not made into a good film or get stuck at the pre-production stage due to financial problems.
"That happens too often in a scriptwriter's life and the film industry is not organised enough to compensate the writer for the loss. We don't even get back our scripts sometimes," says the writer.
However, he adds that the fault is not entirely of the film industry but some script writers are also responsible to some extent. PTI
The megastar, has lost his baggage once again -- the second time during his ongoing "Unforgettable" world tour -- while travelling from Toronto to Port of Spain in Trinidad by a Air Canada flight.
"The Airlines must love me, or my bags!" is the reaction of a bemused Bachchan after losing his bags for the 19th time.
Last week, he lost his entire baggage in transit from London to Toronto in a British Airways flight.
The actor managed to get back his bags but with some items missing.
"Brilliant news! Half my bags gone again! And no its not British Airways this time. It is Air Canada!" Bachchan wrote in his blog.
The actor, who has a number of programmes lined up during the tour, is now facing a serious crunch of clothes.
"I am only aware that I have passed out in the clothes that I travelled in. And jeans and hooded top are not the most comfortable bedtime attire," he said.
"Because of baggage part delivery there is part compatibility in dress as well. Shirt from one, trouser from another and just one pair of shoe -- the one I travelled in," Bachchan wrote.
Commenting on the repeated assurances of the airlines staff, the actor says, "...And Sir, this time you will get all your bags..' and warmly shook my hand till it almost got dislocated... But you must know, the bags are GONE!" PTI
Slain brigand's wife Muthulakshmi told PTI here today that Prashant Pandey, writer of Varma's latest film 'Sarkar Raj', would direct the film on Veerappan and the script was ready.
Muthulakshmi, who had earlier toyed with the idea of producing the film herself, said she had recently met Varma and given him valuable inputs for the movie.
She said the film would track the Veerappan's from his early days to his last when he was shot dead in an encounter with the STF in 2004.
The film would also provide an insight into how she fell in love with the man, who was wanted in connection with over 100 murders, including those of police personnel, besides poaching of elephants.
She said new faces would be chosen for the film and Varma would soon hold a media briefing to announce details.
Muthulakshmi, who is tipped to play her real life role, ruled out any part for her two daughters in the film.
Meanwhile, her desire to build a memorial at neighbouring Moolakadu, where Veerappan's body is buried, appeared to have run into problems amidst reports that the government was against any form of glorification of the smuggler.
While the local panchayat was yet to consider her petition seeking permission for building the memorial, officials said the burial ground came under the Public Works Department and only they could grant the permission. PTI
Jul 20, 2008
Forget about sleepless hours in your bed and discomfort when trying to fall asleep! All you need is to improve some of your current sleep habits, create a more comfortable sleep environment and become sleep fit. Now, there are some very easy rules you must always remember if you want to become a good sleeper:
• Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even in the weekends and on the days off work. Maintaining a regular sleep-wake cycle can help you to avoid “Monday morning blues”, as well as make you feel fit and be always in a good shape.
• Do not go to bed unless you feel sleepy. It increases your chances to fall asleep fast and helps to create a strong association in your mind between your bed and sleeping.
• If you can not fall asleep in your bed for more than 20 minutes, get up and try to get busy with something calm in some other room (watch TV, read a book, listen to some calm music, etc.).
• Use your bedroom only for sleeping. Try to avoid watching TV, eating, surfing the net or playing video-games in your bedroom. This way your mind will associate the environment of your bedroom with sleeping and it will definitely help you to improve the quality of your sleep
• Make your bed comfortable. Choose not too soft but not too hard bed and a comfortable pillow, not too large. Adjust your blanket according to the temperature in your bedroom: you must not wake up in the morning feeling hot or cold.
• Try to make the environment in your bedroom close to total darkness and silence. Turn off all electric devices and appliances in your bedroom.
• Ventilate your bedroom properly. Before going to bed, open the windows in your bedroom for some time, if the weather outside allows you to do so.
• Avoid daytime napping. If you can not do without daytime naps, have a nap at the same time (around 3 p.m.). Your daytime nap must not be longer than 1 – 1.5 hours.
• Set up a sort of relaxing ritual before going to sleep (like reading a book for 15 minutes, taking a warm shower, doing some yoga or relaxation exercise, etc.) and try to practice it every time before going to bed.
• Never avoid strenuous physical exercise during the day. However, try to reduce your physical activities 6-4 hours before bedtime.
• Try to leave all your problems, stresses, questions, worries and negative thoughts behind the door of your bedroom. If you need to think over something, do it before going to bed in some other place.
• Avoid having any sort of food 3-4 hours before you go to sleep. Eating right before your bedtime affects your sleep and usually makes you gain weight.
• Avoid having caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and other stimulants 6-4 hours before your bedtime.
• Do not abuse sleeping pills. Follow the recommendations of your doctor and remember that it is better not to use sleeping pills longer than two or three weeks.
For maximum economy, run the car in assist mode
Hybrid is designed to deliver precise, sharp and refined handling performance with its fully independent MacPherson strut front suspension and multi- link rear suspension. The Civic employs a wide array of standard and advanced safety technologies, including the Advanced Compatibility Engineering ( ACE) body structure, side curtain airbags, driver- and front passenger- side airbags with a passenger- side Occupant Position Detection System ( OPDS), and dual- stage, dual- threshold driver’s and front passenger’s airbags ( SRS). The active front- seat head restraints are designed to help reduce the severity of neck injury in the event of a rear collision. Standard active safety features include an anti- lock brake system ( ABS) with brake assist and electronic brake distribution, front seat belts with automatic tension and load limiters, and a pedestrian injury mitigation design incorporated into the front exterior of the vehicle. Driver and front- passenger seat- belt reminders and daytime running lights are also part of the standard equipment. The car is priced at Rs 21.5 lakh, exshowroom, in Delhi – almost Rs 9 lakh higher than the petrol Civic 1.8V AT – mainly due to the 104 per cent import duty applicable on the completely- built units ( CBUs).
IT’S ABOUT THE MILEAGE
One of the most important reasons why one should upgrade from the standard Civic to the Civic Hybrid is the mileage of the latter. At the launch of the car, auto writers from across the country were asked to derive the best mileage out of Civic Hybrid. The main objective of the run was to demonstrate the Civic Hybrid’s fuel efficiency in terms of both city and highway traffic conditions. Hence, cars were made to travel a distance of 82 km from Connaught Place to Greater Noida, which would mean driving through bumperto- bumper city traffic as well as cruise consistently on an Expressway. The Auto Bild India team did way better than Honda’s expectations by clocking an impressive 23.1kmpl. As humble winners, we would like to share that there is no magic fuel or secret prescriptive handling but making sure that the car is running more on battery assist than on fuel. How do you maximise the mileage of your Civic Hybrid? There’s an electronic display beside the tachometer that shows whether the engine is in Assist ( battery only) or Recharge ( engine on) mode. There is also a digital meter, which shows the car’s average and instant fuel consumption. For maximum economy, run the car in Assist mode as much as possible – don’t accelerate hard, and cruise at a a steady 40- 45 kmph. That will ensure an average of around 20kmpl. Follow our lead and you’ll recover the difference of Rs 9 lakh. If you use your Honda Civic Hybrid intelligently, you’ll recover the additional Rs 9 lakh.
Jul 12, 2008
According to the study, the perception that young people are less religious than their parents and grandparents is typically Western European and does not correspond to the reality worldwide.
Young adults in developing countries and Islamic states are no less religious than other adults, reveals the study. In Morocco, around 99 per cent believe in God and life after death. In Brazil, Turkey and Nigeria this figure is 90 percent, and in Israel, Indonesia and Italy it is 80 percent.
"The assumption that religious belief is dwindling continuously from generation to generation is clearly refuted by our worldwide surveys even in many industrialised nations," says Dr. Martin Rieger, project leader of the Bertelsmann Foundations Religion Monitor.
Revealing contradictory trends, the study says worldwide more than four out of five young adults (85 per cent) are religious and almost half (44 per cent) are deeply religious and only 13 per cent have no appreciation for God or faith in general. PTI